Sunday, February 3, 2013

wooohoo, that change of browser really does work! I had an early start this morning - got out and weeded the raspberries (what is left of them) and the asparagus which had become so choked with grass in my absence that I had to wait for a day when the soil was moist to make any progress. While i was down there I investigated why my pile of building stuff had diminished to such an extent. Basically the gardener has been whipper snipping but not clearing after the job was done, so much of it was buried under dead grass! That has now been remedied and I will actually have some edges to cut to when I get the mower out tomorrow. This weather we are having is very weird and I have been trying to get motivated, but the mornings have been very chilly indoors with the consequent need to light a fire Then, as the day gets warmer (as it is right now) it gets so warm that I lapse into a stupor, lol. Had a three hour nap this afternoon! Went into the market also this morning. I am supposed to be going to a fund-raising barbecue tonight, but that is not going to happen. The market produced some freesia bulbs and also some from Dutch iris - both favourite flowers They are in brown paper in the cupboard for planting in autumn. That chicken with chilli and lemongrass was so nice I am having it tonight too! The recipe was on Taste.com if anyone is interested. You will notice that i have yet again fiddled with the blog list - the 'middle class' one is rather self-indulgent but has some great recipes on it. It is relatively new (only started last December) so not too much effort required to catch up from scratch. Deb, I love your photos - hope the dolly finds her owner.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jo. I enjoy taking them but been a bit lazy with he camera of late. Must crack it out again.

    ReplyDelete