Sunday, February 17, 2013

A bit of a warm one today. Seems to have peaked at 27 but may yet climb to the forecast 29. Rather an odd day to be getting the winter firewood delivered, I have to say. They said late afternoon, but the guys very sensible got out into the bush early this morning and delivered it at noon. I sent them off with their money and a cabbage. Have to use them up somehow ... The wood remains in a heap beside the stacked wood from last year and will continue to remain in a heap until the weather returns to more acceptable temperatures. They say it will be 16 on Tuesday but that it will also rain so maybe I will, maybe i won't. ooooo more changes to the blog system - the photo-upload has altered... Given the excess heat, the rest of the day was spent considering the problem of an additional tank. The next one, being larger, will have a higher inlet than the one i have ... so do I put it where I was planning to put a shed, closer to the house, or do I move the one I have down onto the next level and put the new one where the current one is (thereby losing all my water, but I suspect that will happen when the new tank is coupled in anyway ... Decisions, decisions. At least, since i have no money, it is not one I will have to make in the immediate future!! The large sheet of black plastic is now consigned to the tip, and the next stage is to weatherproof the small chook shed I built, so the lawnmower and whipper snipper have somewhere to live once the shed is demolished. If it sounds like i am going in circles... well yes I am. But I think they are fairly constructive circles now as I can see the picture of the grounds more clearly in my head than has been possible while the container was in position and I was stuck in a bedsit in Hobart working full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment