Monday, February 25, 2013
Having gone to enormous lengths to perfect the wording on the fliers I went into the Post Office today to find out how many people there are in our mail district. 850+ households... So I guess I won't be bothering with fliers after all. They can save a gum tree or six and I will run off some tear-strip sheets to distribute in appropriate locations. Sigh. There are up and down sides to living in the country - this appears to be a down-side. Of course the other down-side is that the cost of distribution is prohibitive - they charge the same per flyer as they would for a letter - $0.60 each. So it would technically be cheaper for me to deliver them myself - all the way to Tunbridge and Levendale and Swanston ... Silliness. And no. I am not that dedicated.
I was wandering by the kitchen table this morning when I heard this little chirruping sound like a cricket - turns out this is the Smart-phones way of letting me know I have messages. Despite upgrading the technology, this phone does not appear to receive a sufficient signal to work around here. Good thing I designated it the work phone. So it will be a daily trip to Oatlands for sufficient signal to communicate from now on. The good news is that I have to do that anyway to listen to the daily training session. And by Wednesday I will have someone to teach me how to program it to receive my emails while I am out and about.
The messages themselves were a surprise. It turns out that either my google-maps entry or my free listing with a (who is where type of thing) directory has resulted in dozens of people wanting me to advertise with them too. Two of the calls were Search Engine Optimisation offers (asked to send an email and told I would get back to them when I had an income) and one was a chap canvassing to advertised in the Australasian Police Magazine which comes out in June and goes to all police stations, state and federal as well as to the NZ Feds. Since I can service all of this area, I have suggested he make me his sole Herbalife advertiser lol. It would be a great market to crack as we all know how many fat police men there are. The main attraction of this option is that this quarter's magazine will focus on health and fitness, so the ad fits perfectly. I have no idea how he got my name, given all the Herbalife distributors that swarm around the place, but there you go!! I am happy.
Now just waiting for it to cool down a bit to more moderate climes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment