Monday, February 4, 2013

Punctuality is apparently very important in this house. I can not sit down at 3 - I am obliged to be serving the dog his dinner (apparently). Once fed, exercised and watered he is quite happy to lie back down and loaf for the rest of the day... I had a little ginger beer alarm last night - noticed the bottles were looking a little wonky and discovered the pressure had turned their bases convex. So spent a happy few minutes undoing screw tops and relieving the pressure until they sat straight once more. Had to do it again today. Wednesday, which will be 29 and is also my day out, I will leave them in the laundry trough I think, just in case. The next batch is due for processing today so it will be interesting to see how it goes. The following batch will be made to a different recipe. I find it very helpful for episodes of indigestion - the ginger works a treat! Library day today so all the books were returned and replaced and a new stack awaits my indulgence on the coffee table in the lounge. Two loads of washing to take advantage of the full tank, and tank-envy as I saw Gordon getting a new 20000 litre tank delivered this morning. Must save up for one - going on my consumption experiences since getting here, another 20k tank should be sufficient except in drought conditions. And when I build a new shed I can add another to it as well so there is water down the bottom for the orchard (gravity feed). Tonight will see the end of the Thai Chicken, so tomorrow night will be Moroccan chicken (also from Taste.com) with slices of orange and sultanas through the mix. Yum. Pity the couscous is off the menu, but it will be good with a salad tomorrow night (and the night after in all that heat!).

No comments:

Post a Comment