Thursday, February 7, 2013
Bit warm once again today, though fortunately not as warm as Molesworth!! The day was setting fair for a bit of on-line training, cooking the moroccan chicken and so forth, but rapidly deteriorated as I realised I was about to run out of shake mix (ooops). The order takes about five days to be delivered so an APB was sent out for local distributors and I spent a happy hour in Richmond feeding ducks with a new-found friend and her husband (from Jamaica via London) and gossiping about familiar places elsewhere. En route I called in and collected some jamming apricots, plums, greengages and raspberries from various farm-gate places, which I duly shared with this person who had altered her three year old's birthday plans to meet me in Richmond (they live at Midway Point, so not that far out of their way, and the birthday girl seemed thrilled with the venue, so no major pain), and so home once more. In the heat. Wondering if I can earn enough for a car with air conditioning that works, and oil sumps that do not run out halfway home (fortunately I carry a bottle with me these days).
Hopefully I will sleep better tonight than last night, but with this heat, I doubt it. My eyes are beginning to feel they are pinned open...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment