Wednesday, February 27, 2013
well that was fairly randon - I just fielded a call from my former employers about a grant program I started roughing out while working there. Seem they may run with it so wanted to know if I will work for them if it gets off the ground. I feel some negotiation will be in order before I accept but it is good to know they feel they can pick me up and dump me with gay abandon as it suits their needs. Fortunately the new business is one that can be fitted around part time work at least, and if this gets of the ground (it is to do with rural buildings) hopefully there will not be a requirement for too much office time. Fingers crossed. I am sure the dog will be happy anyway as he does love his daycare!
The rain continued in fits and starts today but only a total of about 12 mm so far over both days so nothing to write home about.
The neighbour's funeral was today so the street is stuffed with cars presumably all attending the wake. I sent a letter of condolence (as opposed to a shop-bought card) so hopefully that will count as my duty done. The kids talk to me about it from time to time which I presume is therapeutic for them, so I just listen to what they have to say, bite my tongue and fume out of sight.
Delivered advertising flyers to the hair dresser and the local supermarket - will see what, if any interest this draws, as well as local newsletter which, by all appearances, should be in circulation tomorrow or early next week (our quilting group meets in the same building it is published from).
Now to move onto flyers to recruit people who may be interested in working from home ... it never ends really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment