Wednesday, February 20, 2013
The chilly theme continued today though the sun broke through from time to time. I suspect we reached our maximum about an hour ago and it is back downhill once more. The quilting group had one of its spontaneous lunches this week (we dip into local businesses to check out the quality of the offering). This time it was the turn of the Stables. Once a thriving business it closed, and then re-opened with limited success due to poor service. Today the service and the food were excellent (you may recall Barb and I went there while she was up). I had the smoked salmon salad which was luscious - with capers, croutons, all manner of interesting shredded veges and such like. So good and filling there seemed little point in returning to more sewing as I was in danger of falling asleep. So home i came and have just lit the fire once more to survive the cooler night we are expecting.
Warm again tomorrow - around 25 they tell me... More than usually changeable weather for these parts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment