Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Apparently the gods decided we needed a change of pace, so today's maximum was reached shortly after midnight and it has been downhill since then. The promised rain arrived bang on schedule with a nice big thunderstorm at 6:03 this morning and accompanying rain. Only 5 mm all up unfortunately, but better than nothing I guess. The new load of firewood has proven itself a good investment today and the cats stopped complaining about the weather shortly after the fire was lit. Tonight I am treating myself to a cup of marinara mix, stir fried with garlic, ginger and sesame oil on top of the salad. I noted it had started to show signs of freezer burn - bother. I may even bung on two or three prawns for good luck! Tomorrow will be somewhat milder weather then we return to the heat once more. Give me a climate where it is 22 degrees max all year around and I will be a happy woman ... lol

2 comments:

  1. We were lucky enough to get 2 inches of rain this morning according to my gauge, I could almost hear the garden sigh in relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cruel wench! Mine is at least breathing a little easier and feeling refreshed...

    ReplyDelete