Sunday, February 10, 2013
Barbara was up today for lunch and we went into Oatlands to have a look at the results of the archaeological excavations. The only area that showed some interesting material was one they had not intended to dig at the beginning of the three-week season - but that did show some interesting stuff. The site of the former gaol shows something, but what it is remains unclear. Still, a nice excuse to wander the town, enter areas more commonly closed to the public and chat to people of interest. We decided to eat in town which rather shot the diet program to pieces, but at least the large steak and kidney pie was accompanied by a salad, lol. I decided it would be downright antisocial to have a shake, so lunch became dinner and the shake is for dinner tonight. Sent some samples home with Barb and Emilie is presently using diet shakes from the supermarket (eeek!) and we agreed these might be a little more nutritious. So we will see what happens. That deferred training has now been deferred until Tuesday so I will have a chance to catch up with the garden between now and then. The weather should be good for mowing tomorrow too, so I will see what I can do to re-do the areas already done and perhaps venture into the meaner, wilder parts of the orchard (if I don't accidentally run down a tiger snake).
I have found a website (English) which sells various greenhouses and other garden structures and am presently looking at their porches and garden rooms as a means of sheltering the back door from the horizontal weather in winter which swells it and makes it difficult to close. Have a look at their website norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk.The structures are u-PVC so should be cheap to ship and easy to erect if I were to send for some. And quite remarkably inexpensive when you consider the cost of building one from scratch and paying for labour. Will have to think it through of course, and consider the impact of the local winds on these things, but Norfolk can get pretty breezy too so I assume they are reasonably sturdy. The ones with glass panels would, of course, be heavier, but I suppose you could ask them to leave the glass out of the package and just get some cut locally ... Anyway, a possible solution to explore methinks. Meanwhile I have a lot of yard to clear of accumulated rubbish and useless sheds that are about to fall down, so I won't be doing anything rash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment