Sunday, October 5, 2014

Today was Mangalore and I had no idea how many houses there are tucked up in the back hills, so I ran out of fliers before I was done. Lots more conversations before I headed home to print out more. I have printed off 200 today so that should see me through Bagdad I hope. Some interesting conversations - some people don't know when they are well off complaining about their footpath when it looks perfectly fine to me - not that I said so.

But some really interesting folk including another candidate who failed to identify himself as such, which I found amusing as I had purposely gone to his place to have a chat. But he was quite standoffish so I didn't say that was my reason for being there. Some people are very odd I reckon.

Anyway, home to walk the dogs and I discovered that Shadow does have his limits. To the end of the deer farm is fine, but any further and he starts lagging behind badly. Still walking on the gravel seems to be wearing down his toenails which is a good thing as the sandy soil in these parts fails to do so.

Home now, fliers printed ready for tomorrow, baked cauliflower cheese heating in the oven and enjoying a long evening because daylight savings has finally kicked in!

I met my first maremma today also. Was mildly wary as they are bred to be guard dogs but this one just stood back and woofed occasionally, so all was well. Lots of other friendly dogs too, so my lot got a bit put out when they smelled me on my return.

The horse next door that was stalled in the loosebox has finally been explained. It is a stallion. With two very young fillies in the paddock adjacent to it, and electric fences that are more the sort you use to move stock to another cell for grazing rather than serious electric fences, I can see some unscheduled foals in the not too distant future. He and the fillies were playing making up this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment