Friday, October 10, 2014

So. Bank cleaned then a dash home for some warmer clothing as it had turned cold, but by the time I got back into town it had warmed up again and remained so for the rest of the day.

More preparation for the Open day, with commentary from E about how I was not pulling my weight (implied, never stated) and a long discussion about how much we had to get done that went nowhere and wasted time we could have been doing things. Then Syche and I got on and did things such as weeding the paths, shifting a picnic table that weighs so much even she had problems, so lots of rests en route. At lunch time some blokes turned up to deliver some things that E had given detailed instruction for placement, and had them completely ignore me to the point I just walked away saying 'Too many F*cking cooks" with the emphasis on the middle word, and left them to it as they can be moved to more convenient locations on Monday, then watered the beds and came home to chase these blooming elusive tables.

First a stop at Bev's to see if I could borrow the ones at the hall that involved a revolving conversation about how Gavin (president before last) had decided against lending them out, asking who were the contacts at the Parattah Rec Ground, advising me to go to them for the keys, explaining for the fourth time the keys were not my concern but the tables that were not inside were the issue, discussions about how to get in touch with Bob Campbell who has obtained an unlisted phone number so is uncontactable, further suggestions as to who I might get keys from and around and around and around. Then a call to a committee member's home to see if he knew were the tables were and he is still away and another call at the home of the President who does not get back until Sunday and to his neighbour who assured me the tables were indeed back in the rooms, just folded up and out of sight from the windows. So finally organised to collect the keys from him on Monday afternoon and staggered home.

Took the dogs for a not-so-long walk, had three cups of tea, then a longer walk with the dogs, shifted the 44s that someone had placed on my front lawn in the least convenient spot (but at least they had taken them to the tip and emptied them for me) and am now contemplating a trip back into town to get a bottle of wine as I feel I need one!

But do I really want to get in the car and go into town again?

No comments:

Post a Comment