So the day didn't quite go the way I had planned, and I am tired out but feeling I have not actually achieved much at all. At least I got the washing done so the house smells sweet once more.
Spent a bit of time sorting out who to speak to and when I might speak to them about the hospital issues we are having here (government cutbacks, you know the drill), and obtained two people who are happy to speak to Kim Booth about it when he comes up on Thursday, and one more to track down. Unfortunately the Doctor he wants to speak to is incommunicado till Thursday morning so that could get interesting!
Did a little weeding to rediscover the vege patch, took a run to the tip, came home, sat back for half an hour and was back into town to meet the GM of the RSPCA who was passing through and keen to speak to council candidates (but only got me, so we had a good chat). I am pleased to report that after the last several years of chaos, the RSPCA seems to be in good hands and heading in the right direction, so that is good news!
Have just sat down from taking the dogs for a walk and rummaging futilely in the asparagus patch. I was hoping to have poached eggs with blanched asparagus for dinner but there is none to be found. I suspect the dry winter may have seen it off. I will investigate further when I have a moment (which will not be tomorrow).
No comments:
Post a Comment