Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Another day of madness here. Had to clean the bank, then two cottages. Fortunately the cottages vacated early so I was able to go straight from the bank to there, and get them out of the way. Then to the historical society only to realise I had to leave to get to Bridgewater for an appointment with Centrelink. These appts take 10 minutes plus two hours driving time so are a bit annoying at times.

Then back to Oatlands to the historical society and collecting info on the hospital, fielding calls from Kim Booth's office (he wants to come up tomorrow and meet concerned locals but fails to realise Oatlands closes for Show Day). Meanwhile it seems Launceston City Council is planning to consider a proposal to demolish a State Significance heritage building on the eve of the election. So I have been feeding info to Greens candidates up north and to the candidate for Deputy Mayor - my report on the building prepared in 2011 and the subsequent report that refutes my report. I have also had to read that document and find the flaws (gaping holes) in their argument so they know what they are talking about. So a busy day. Am currently trying to round up people to come to town tomorrow morning to meet with Kim and talk to him, but they have all suddenly gone very quiet! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment