Saturday, October 18, 2014

Got home at midnight last night and I was very tired. Fortunately the dogs were too, so we all crawled into our respective beds and went to sleep pretty rapidly. Despite waking several times during the night, I did manage a sleep-in until 8 this morning before having to face the day.

Yesterday was not, however, as tiring as I had expected as E left the garden at around 11, and Syche and I gave ourselves an early mark after we finished all the tasks on the list (and watered the beds).

All of the tomatoes on one side of the polytunnel have been struck with the frost. Not mine though, which are thriving. So some good news at least.

Then home for a little zoning out and walking the dogs to the corner and back, then realised it was four thirty and i had best pull my sox up if I wanted to shower, get dressed, get made up and out the door by 5. Surprisingly I achieved this and had time en route to call into Cove Hill to get some cat litter (a dire  emergency requirement), and got to the Shoreline at 6:30 punctually. My friends arrived not too long afterward and the meal was delish! I had crumbed scallops. They are a lot smaller than they were when I was a girl, so now I feel guilty for pillaging under-sized fish. Then we went back to Barb's place and had a joint cake which was rather nice. Set off up the highway, stopping only to refuel at Bridgewater, and home to bed.

Today after my sleep in I did the usual morning things, drove to Levendale for a cricket match (I was the only person in the very small crowd who was not related to anyone else, and Syche kept introducing me as her boss!), then home for a slowish afternoon with a few phone calls thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment