Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fairly crazed day today. Started in a reasonably relaxed manner but went downhill rapidly.

First I was off to clean the cottage in town, which went well, but my boss turned up to lay a new rug he had bought which resulted in us moving furniture madly around to fit it to the rug. Then in to the Garden to drop off some stuff, and look for Hugo as I needed him to clarify some info on the order for lumber I was supposed to phone through. He wasn't at home or in the garden so I was at a loss. Then I turned on the radio and discovered his partner was broadcasting, so popped round to the radio station and she phoned him on his mobile for me. Once that was sorted I called the lumber company once again and finalised our order.

Home with a new spark plug which made an amazing difference to the lawnmower, and ran it over the laneway so that at least it is now possible to get to the oval without struggling through the jungle. Then off to collect the wheel barrow from Barry who has repaired it, cuppa with his partner, and back into town to deliver it, then home once more to walk Seb for a loooooong walk. Once that was done I was back into town again to get E's signature on a cheque to pay for the lumber when it is delivered tomorrow morning, and to Bear's place to try to tee up our tables for the Open Day. Of course he was not at home, so I got home once again just in time to light the fire, start cooking dinner then field a phone call to remind me about the teleconference that I am presently participating in. Thank heaven for the mute button on a mobile phone as they are not aware I am typing away as they talk, and neither did they hear me cooking and eating dinner (these teleconferences last forever ....).


No comments:

Post a Comment