A full on morning this morning. Kim Booth's office blithely announced he would be here at 9:30 am, so I had to do a mad dash around Oatlands and FB to find people willing to come talk to him about the hospital. Had a nice cross section turn up, from Baden, Kempton and Oatlands itself, so it was a worthwhile conversation.
We then did a quick tour of the facility and on to the Pancake Parlour where we had lunch and met with the auxilliary person who works there. Then Kim set off on his merry way and I had to scramble to get the two cottages cleaned in time for checkin times.
Good thing I did as an unexpected arrival turned up this afternoon.
I was fortunate enough to find a bottle of brewed ginger beer and a block of peppered cheese in one of the fridges, so dinner tonight will be on the high life!
The weather today was supposed to be cool but turned out to be one of those still sunny days that feels a lot hotter than it actually is. As a result I forgot to cut any firewood, so I hope there is sufficient warmth stored to get us through the forecast 3 degrees overnight.
And so it goes on. Bank to clean tomorrow, and then I will head out on the road for a little more campaigning before the weekend - gods willing.

No comments:
Post a Comment