Wednesday, October 29, 2014

So I posted my 'concede' post in my FB page today. I will be keeping it live a little longer as I am still running the campaign to save the hospital from the proposed cutbacks. Unfortunately the Auxilliary person who I had thought I was working 'with' has been claiming my petition as her own. Since it seems it was poorly drafted and does not comply with Parliamentary rules, I have proposed to Kim that we let her run with it and we will launch an e-petition as well. Said E-petition will be for Tasmanians only but if I post the link here it would be appreciated if any of you who can do so, sign it. I will also be sharing it on my FB pages.

I ended up with 97 primaries so was cut out of the preferencing process pretty early, and excluded from further consideration. So we are stuck with pretty much the same council we have always had, but with one new face who I rather hope, despite being part of the conservatives, will nevertheless introduce a degree of accountability that is presently lacking as he has a legal background. Unfortunately my least favourite councillor got in by the skin of his teeth so we have more of his antics to endure over the next four years unless he drops off his perch. Since he, and our newly re-elected Deputy Mayor have had major health scares in the last six months, we can but hope for a by-election at some point during that time.

Spent some time with the sewing ladies this afternoon after cleaning two cottages and the bank, and calling in on one of my supporters for a chat, as well as at the radio station (I plan to run a 'thankyou' ad for a week to show good grace.)

Weather today was rather nicer than yesterday! But it is cooling off now so I have lit the fire and plan to cook up some more porridge tonight as I ate the last of it this morning.

Only 17 mm out of all the song and dance, so I am not too happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment