Door knocking today. Down to Rhyndaston and Colebrook. Though by the time I got to Colebrook it was four o'clock and since i have a teleconference at 6 (I am on it at the moment), I had to come home. Very scenic in that part of the world, though I never did work out how to get down to this particular farm.I went home via Tunnack and this is my favourite stretch of road. I must get someone to drive me up there one day as there are all sorts of rock outcrops and caves there, but the road is a bit twisty to be able to appreciate them.
Got home to find the local pig farmer at my back door, so we had a nice yarn and he revealed that he has voted for me.
Then we cropped the rhubarb (this is the new crown as he has suggested that pulling off the thicker stems will encourage the crown to grow on - not sure I agree with that, but hey, it's worth a try. There is, after all another crown in a pot that has just started to grow). So I pulled some more of the green rhubarb and popped over the road to give them to John who is partial to rhubarb. In return I received a dozen fresh laid eggs which I will convert into dinner tonight. An omelette is about all I can expect tonight with this teleconference that goes on forever and in which I barely participate at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment