Friday, October 24, 2014

It was supposed to be warm and windy this morning, but there was no sign of this even after I got back from cleaning the bank. In fact there was a frost on the ground when I left home.

I had had little sleep as Sebastian threw a tantrum. The last couple of nights he has snuck onto the bed after I had gone to sleep. Last night he jumped up as soon as the lights were off. He was thrown off. He tried every side of the bed. Quick jumps up. Sly sneaking oozes, and so forth, all to no avail. So he started a running commentary of complaint. It went along the lines of 'awwwww I'm only a puppy', 'pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, how can you resist me' to 'what the hell is wrong with you woman' in loud yaps. Meanwhile I was being circled as if by hostile indians, with further attempts at encroachment, and finally Shadow being thrown off his bed as Seb made his feelings  felt. Grumbles and moanings were introduced to no avail.

So I got up and left him in the loungeroom with the door ajar (this is useful as he is too cautious to open a semi-closed door but the cats can still move around), which resulted in the grumbling (and it was grumbling at times) coming from the loungeroom instead. Finally there was a scrabbling as he worked up the courage to open the door, and once again he arrived. Fortunately by this time, it only took one stern 'no' to finally convince him to retire defeated to the loungeroom and curl up on the sofa. We were back on speaking terms come morning!

Since it was so chilly I cut some wood and lit the fire and decided that I would re-arrange my drawers and cupboards in the bedroom. So now I have worked out homes for my new clothes, ironed the ones that needed it, hung them up, and have tidy drawers so I can find things. One for tops, one for woollies, etc. I suspect this will go to custard when the rest of the washing is done and I find out why I now have so much space where before everything was crammed in. I have not discarded that much!

and the bed was made, and that's about it. Still it will be nice to have clean linen tonight and to be able to choose clothes without ratting around in drawers for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment