Set off back down to Campania this morning and went to the market where I bought some sandwiches and garnered at least one vote, then worked my way around the back streets (it is amazing how many homes there are up there). One house looked less than promising, so I declined when the householder invited me in. He does not vote for political parties as they are all run by the Freemasons, he also told me his father showed me a video of animals and so he now knows about micro and macro-evolution as every good christian should, but he promised to think about voting for me.... most of the remaining households were fairly straightforward apart from the one where the occupant took some time to get to the door and then only poked his head around the edge, apologising that he did not have his trousers on! This is now the second time this has happened. I don't care to speculate what these men are doing indoors on a summers day in the middle of rural Tasmania with their pants off, but I have to admit to some curiosity, nevertheless.
Another household really should be reported to the RSPCA - a lot of small paddocks with horses in them, deep in horse poo and the stallion had warts all over his muzzle, as well as some scarring on his head.
In to one very Establishment property with neatly trimmed macrocarpa hedges and historic homestead only to discover that the owner is a Greens supporter, so definitely worth the trip!
And so home. I ran out of puff before I got to Colebrook, and was starting to smell a bit on the nose due to the unexpectedly warm weather. So they can wait till after the Open day is over and I have had a collapse on Wednesday.
Next doors little bonfire had been allowed to burn down when I got home which was a bit of a relief as the wind has picked up considerably. But for reasons best known to themselves, they are now feeding it once more. The wind is blowing toward my house ................. At least we are insured!
So another day of doorknocking is over once more, and I am ready for bed, which at 6:25 is not a good thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment