Monday, October 6, 2014

Today was bank first, then down to Bagdad and into the hinterlands. Met some interesting people along the way and had some very interesting conversations. Started to flag a bit around 3, so headed homewards with just a couple of last minute stops to visit houses by the wayside. One I called at not expecting any sort of welcome at all - very establishment. But the person who lived there knew me from my day at the Kempton Market trying to sell diet plans and has promised me her vote.

Then I called in at Jenny's for a cuppa as I was really parched, and so homeward to walk the dogs. Sat and ate my dinner (actually the ham and pickle sandwiches I had had for lunch - as eating and doorknocking are mutually exclusive) and then out to the Oatlands Traders meeting which was a bit of a disappointment as only three traders turned up. But it was a lively discussion and they all agreed to vote for us, so hopefully they will.

Have decided I need a day at home tomorrow if only to catch up on the washing (I have run out of smart shirts to wear) and to have a bit of a sleep in.

Fingers crossed the dogs allow it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment