You know you have left it too long to replace the cat litter when a queue forms as you pour it into the newly washed trays......
I had to head to Hobart today to get the cat's prescription diet, so I also picked up new litter (I use the crystals which are probably environmentally disastrous but don't need replacing more than once a month), and dog food.
Since we have a workshop at the garden next week (we are building a food forest), I also scoped out Bunnings, K&D and finally in desperation, Stonemans for a fruit tree on dwarf rooting stock (two months too early for bare roots and very late in the season for potted ones). I found a dark cherry marked down by 40% at Stonemans which will be coming home next Friday (we are doing a shopping trip for the garden next week). K&D also have lots of berry varieties so I have had them put away blueberries, boysenberries, currants and other stuff for me, and I bought a loganberry while I was at Bunnings (they also have bundles of strawberry plants at present - 10 for around $12:00).
So a good day out. When I got home the Recreation Ground was filled with campervans - I have discovered that they are not far right white nationalists undertaking training for fascist militant activities (a lurking suspicion given the predominance of Australian flags) but just a bunch of Grey Nomads who like camping down there for some strange reason. They come every year, so I was beginning to wonder. Seb made himself at home and had to be dragged away, and poor Shadow has been reduced to a leash as we have to ensure they are both under control while there are strangers about.
Have your tried http://www.woodbridgefruittrees.com.au/wft/ as they have a good range of trees on dwarf stock? I have bought all my own espaliered fruit trees from them and they are Tasmanian. I quite enjoy the drive down to Woodbridge to collect them even though they do send via aust post.
ReplyDeleteHi Deb, that is where I get my own fruit trees from. But from memory they only start delivering around July/August which will be too late for the workshop (and the money we are spending has to be spent before end June). The cherry tree has met with approval however. I am almost regretful as it would make a nice addition to my own garden.......
DeleteFair enough! It was just a thought. I have a starter cherry and last season it produced 12 cherries and luckily the birds hadn't discovered them, not like the blighters at my northern house that take every morsel. The ones I tasted were just lovely and sweet and I can't wait for it to become more prolific.
ReplyDelete