We had a lovely spendathon today at three
different nurseries (I suspect we overspent as I am not sure Eleanor
heard me point out what we had notionally spent (but not paid for).
Still, it is all money well-spent anyway.
So we have rosemary, coriander, french tarragon, a lemon tree (I remain
unconvinced that will survive our climate, but we can keep it in the
hydroponics shed in the mean time), cabbages, onion sets - well,
actually they are for my garden, as are some of the brassicas), berries
galore (but no strawberries, as they did not have them in stock any
more) as well as tickets in a raffle that may win me a glasshouse (well a
plastic house - near enough) with louvre windows for ventilation and
such like - fingers crossed.
Then back to the Garden to unload these and to pick up the one hardwood
pallet the guys at the stock feed shop had managed to accumulate for us -
home, walked the dogs, finished off the ham salad roll I bought for
lunch and am now planning yet another fire-less night due to on-going
warm weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment