Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I do like Tuesdays. They are the day of the week when I am not doing anything else for anyone but me. Though now the word is out that may yet change.

Today I had a foggy start to the day and it did look as if the weather forecast might be unreliable, but I did the washing anyway on the principle that I have lots of airers if things had gone pearshaped. As it was, it didn't so the washing is dry (ish) and put away. Before I did it I started up the mower and mowed under the line as well so that I was not dodging washing while I did it. I am still just doing bits and pieces of mowing to get at the things I want to get at. This time it was the pile of stony dirt that I had dug out from the base of the hugelkulture. This has now been distributed partly into the new container and partly on the ground between the containers to build up the path to a level profile.

There is a pile of gravel that also must be distributed, which was excavated to install the pump on the tank. This will be coming out so that I can finally get around to moving the dog kennel over the pump to replace the 'temporary' cover I made from the freezer section of the old fridge. It will also house the fuel for the mower, the chainsaw and the whipper snipper which is currently in a shed way down the back and thus not terribly accessible (and so a good excuse not to get them out unless essential).

While I was taking a break from that (my visitors always arrive when I am loafing - I presume they all think I sit around doing nothing all day), Gordon from the Committee arrived with a trailer load of fire wood for me - lovely dry wood cut to the right length and in nice easily splittable pieces. So we unloaded it while catching up with each other (we have really only spoken at meetings, or on one occasion when it was hosing down with rain and he was desperately trying to dig out a drain to stop the recreation club from flooding), and talked about life the universe and everything. Now all I have to do is find the money to pay him, lol. Fortunately most of it is in the Garden treasury as I spent it on behalf of the garden and just have to balance the books to get my money back. Something I have to do before the shopping spree we have organised for Friday.

It burns rather hot I have to say as it is on the fire at present, and I may have to move into another room.

I also popped over the way to visit the new neighbours once again and have told Judy about the workshop - so hopefully she will be able to come - it depends on demands at home as they are in the middle of some seriously major work there.


No comments:

Post a Comment