Thursday, May 22, 2014

Its difficult to type one-handed, but with Sebastian in the room and feeling cute  and appealing, I just have to try. The upside down head look seems to be his preferred approach.


Today was been one of those irritating days when you just go outside and it starts to rain. Then you go inside and it stops raining. The garden has, however made some progress thanks to the composted sheep manure i picked up in town yesterday and the cardboard that I found down on the oval. I have not, however planted this part of the garden due to me having realised that I was very low on newspaper - I will remedy that situation tomorrow while in town.

I have also discovered one of the down sides to growing your own veges. The carrots I planted in summer are so sweet that they don't make it inside. They are the rainbow sort - where you never know if they will be pale lemon, deeper yellow, red, purple or whatever. The purple ones are only purple for the first few mm and the core is orange just like a bought one. Whatever colour, they all taste delicious. And no. There are none left for dinner tonight and it is now raining once more.

Sebastian has found a mousehole on the way to the recreation ground so we stop and dig a bit deeper every day - at this rate he will have the bank down and I will have to rebuild it.

I must get to bed at a civilised hour tonight though as I slept in rather long this morning (and very nice it was too) and tomorrow I have to be up with the sparrows (actually before the sparrows) as there seems to be an ever-growing list of things to do when I get into Oatlands. Help someone with some documents, provide receipts so we can be reimbursed for the lunch we catered, go to the tip, visit a friend. I may never get home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment