It really was 17 degrees - somewhat marred by strong winds for much of the day, but still so warm I am in two minds about lighting a fire tonight. I may just sit here with a jumper and quilt so I can get a decent sleep (I hate sleeping in a warm room!).
The 16-patches are now in rows of three. One has to be unpicked as I got the middle one on the end accidentally, but hey - it's progress. And I picked some apples off a tree down the back - will have to taste them later. Disappointingly small, but my first successful crop (albeit smaller than anticipated). The only other time apples survived so long on the tree, the rosellas ate them for me. This year they seem satisfied with the seeds growing closer to the ground.
I finally got round to taking my pillow to the laundromat but of course in the mean time it had dried completely. Since the fluffing up process presumably required some humidity, I washed five pillow protectors I had brought home from the cottages. One of these has no zip, so I had scored it for my own use, in case you were wondering about my generosity.
These were hung on the line till damp, and then take with the pillow to the laundromat. The spare pillow protector is now on the other pillow of the bed (which was also showing signs of subsidence) and pinned on with safety pins. And the newly fluffed pillow is sharing space with it. Hopefully I will wake tomorrow without the crick in my neck that initially drew my attention to the pillow crisis.
No comments:
Post a Comment