Balanced the books for the community garden today (thought I should work out how much was in the cheque acct before writing another cheque on Sunday). Fortunately it currently owes me money due to plant purchase and fuel costs into town getting stuff for the workshop last week, so once we get our reimbursements from the various organisations that are funding these activities with their end-of-financial-year slushfunds, I should be financial once again. Wondered why I was getting through so much money lately, lol.
The dogs have had a hard time going for walks as the neighour's bitey dog has been off leash all day and I always worry it will charge up to us on the oval and then there would be hell to pay. Fortunately it seemed a little subdued and stayed in its own yard which made a nice change.
Some of the local kids have finally worked out about the lane and so there has been some coming and going along it each evening after school. It is nice to see them using it and since they seem responsible about closing the gate at the bottom it seems to be working out well. I do a last-minute check at dusk to ensure it is closed properly so that when Shadow goes for his late evening stroll he can not get out of the yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment