Saturday, May 31, 2014

Despite the flannel sheets I had to haul up the dressing gown last night in a desperate attempt to keep warm - thoughts of goosedown doonas were uppermost, but since we  have warmer nights to come later this week are a bit premature. It was minus five this morning however and I only just managed to catch the taps before they froze - the first few moments were distinctly crunchy.



The weeds looked rather lovely with their frosting of ice, and the dogs enjoyed slipping and sliding out on the oval. I stuck to the gate when I tried to release the catch it was that cold.
 The sun shone pale through the mist as it came up, and the paddocks where white with frost.
 All the spider webs were encrusted with ice looking like beautiful glittering ice.
















and the grass was covered in hoar frost.

A beautiful start to a lovely day. Washing done and a steak and kidney casserole in the oven for tonight, though it will actually be quite balmy tonight - in the positive range of temperatures.

1 comment:

  1. Balmy?? I am not sure that I would describe it as such! lovely pics though.

    ReplyDelete