A couple of days of messing around, sometimes in the garden, sometimes with friends. Called over to the new neighbours yesterday and she offered me a cuppa, then realised they had no power, so she came to mine and we chatted for a bit - they seem really nice people - what a relief!
Sunshine and showers alternating mostly and last night a few fairly solid dumps, though they only amounted to 8.5mm altogether. The various seedlings and seeds in the garden seem to be coming along nicely, and i noticed that a few lettuces in at the school garden have self-sown with gay abandon so I will lift a few and bring them home.
Delivered worms and flyers today and then came home for more dog walking and messing around, then tonight I am having lambs fry with bacon - it is all prepped - just waiting for the dishwasher to finish so I have access to the largest frypan.
The pan of similar size is outside, having had something burnt to its bottom (a cheaper pan, so a thinner bottom and i forgot). I am hoping that we will have a frost tonight. The last frost shifted a fair bit of the burned on material and this one should finish the job. When it is nice and icy I add boiling water from the kettle and the rapid expansion cracks off what has not already been removed by the differential contraction of the burnt material and the metal.
No comments:
Post a Comment