Most of today was quite pleasant if a little gloomy, so I did some washing and gardening. The last of the tomatoes have been pulled up and are waiting to be picked (which I really should have done since we have a frost tonight), and two punnets of cabbage seedlings are in the ground - red and savoy. One lot into compost with hay for mulch, the other lot into hay with paper pockets of soil to get them going. The hay is on top of a layer of horse poo which is, in turn on top of a layer of cardboard since i really couldn't be fagged pulling up all those tiny mallow seedlings that seem to infest my garden.
I will be buying a bag of sheep poo later this week (possibly even tomorrow while I am in town cleaning the bank and paying the historical society for the sheep poo they provided for the workshop), and will use that on top of more cardboard to plant up the other punnets of seedlings (another variety of cabbage, red onions and yellow onions).
Then the cold weather descended - it is not technically cold, just feels like it at present, but it will be zero overnight and so cold enough.
The cottages are having a slow week and so there is no cleaning to be done there for the time being, which means i have more time for the garden, but no money to buy ingredients - c'est la vie!
The damp washing is festooned around the house at present and should be dry by morning. I may do more tomorrow if it stays fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment