Thursday, May 8, 2014

It was one out of the box weatherwise today - a frosty start to a sunny day with a very light breeze to keep things moving. The winter goosedown doona has now been washed as has the winter quilt - the doona was finished off at the laundromat as per the last one. They come up  beautifully fluffy doing it that way.

The dogs had their multitudinous walks and are now lying back in front of the fire (which was lit around oneish as despite the warmish day outside, it was clear even then that tonight will be a bit icy. It has been chugging along one only one piece of wood so far as I have it set to a slow burn.

If it is as nice tomorrow I will get the sheets washed also - I may even wash a set of flannel ones in anticipation of winter nights, but it is still too 'warm' to have them on the bed I have to say. It is the bitterly cold nights plus wind that make them necessary and so far we have been in luck on that front.

Met with Eleanor and Janet to discuss the Garden workshop budget and work out who was doing what (I have been asking who is catering lunch for some time with no response), and how we will be paying for that. Hopefully Rural Primary Health will get the Hospital kitchen staff to do it for us - they do a good line in sandwiches.

If not I guess I can always whip up some soup and we can throw in some bread rolls or some such thing. The slow cooker will cope with that.

We also discussed another workshop later in the month which will be focussed on building mini-polytunnels over each garden bed (designed so you can still get in to water, weed and pick). That should be fun as well as useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment