Saturday, May 17, 2014

I had expected to spend most of today frantically searching for the cheque book for the School Garden (I am treasurer and usually keep it in the box with the rest of the records but it wasn't there or any of the other places it should have been). Fortunately I found it by lunch time so was able to relax (relatively - I had to pack up a box of stuff to take tomorrow and otherwise get organised).

I noticed yesterday how good my woodheap was looking - definitely more than enough to get through the winter - and wondering why that was. I realised that while i was in town yesterday the nice farmer had dropped off another load and piled it onto the existing heap. I asked him for a couple of hundred dollars worth but I seem to have acquired at least three hundred dollars worth (and good, seasoned, hot burning wood at that). Must get over to pay him soon or he might take it back, lol.

I called in to see a friend in Oatlands this morning and we chatted endlessly. My main motive was to remind her to come to the workshop tomorrow, but we covered all manner of topics before I finally escaped. She has a lovely stone cottage in her back garden that up until recently has had a tenant in it. I jokingly said I would come and stay for a couple of nights as a break - and she agreed it was a great idea. So I may yet check the dogs into kennels and have a wee holiday in Oatlands - it will be a good chance to find out what it would be like to live in there (lots of gossip does the rounds there and not always of the kind variety (who is sleeping with whose husband/wife - you know the sort of thing).

Seb has the fidgets tonight and is alternating between hassling me and the cats. We are all ignoring him in the hope he will settle down. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment