Today, with a forecast of 18 degrees (19.4 achieved!!) was the day when a great swathe was going to be cut in the garden. Wood was cut (heavy rain and 9 degrees forecast for tomorrow) and half a garden bed dug over and a large chunk of lawn was cut when I popped indoors for a refreshing glass of ginger beer or two. It seems ginger beer ferments if left long enough ... so I concluded that anything involving machinery was probably not a good idea and had a little lie down instead.
My confusion was compounded when I opened the card that arrived in the mail today (a very attractive Peter Dombrovskis photo) and discovered nothing inside - no writing, nothing. I suspect it is a thank you card from our unsuccessful greens candidate who was a bit ditzy to be frank.
This afternoon, after a little nap, and vast quantities of toast to soak it up, I went into town to do a bit of work in the Community Garden (clearing out and cleaning up the shed we want to use, measuring the walls to see if we could perhaps get the Men's Shed to make us some racks to hang tools off and so forth, and then the rain came along so we all gave up and went home.
Meanwhile the gasket on the pump that circulates water up into the evacuated tubes has failed, and was leaking into the electrics so had to be turning it on and off (while off, the heat dries it out and so it does not short circuit). Bought some gasket goo while in town to tide me over until the replacement gasket arrives from the manufacturers since I can't be running back and forth all day keeping things operating. I don't drink hot water so hopefully this will be OK. Will remove it and insert the proper gasket once it arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment