Monday, September 2, 2013

I may have to borrow a shotgun. My 'numerous' neighbours have just decided to move their dogs over to my boundary fence, with the result that Shadow can not put his nose outdoors without setting off a chorus of barks that continue long after he disappears. One of them has already got off the chain and tried to come through the fence and take a piece out of Shadow, so god help the cats when they go out for their morning run. This is the third time they have tried this - twice while I was living in the caravan and now - I have made it plain they will be reported if they do not control the dogs' barking and yapping. I presume their neighbours on the other side (the loathesome one from quilting) have told them they will shoot the dogs if they don't control them, and they do in fact own a gun. They shot their own dog for misbehaving so I imagine it is not an empty threat. So I am afraid council's dog control officer will be on speed dial within the next 24 hours if nothing is done to control the barking and the dogs movements.
This is one of the pix I promised you yesterday - the download speed will be slow until Thursday so this will inhibit my activities somewhat. Fortunately on Thursday I am heading up to Inveresk on a 'seniors' tour - you know you are getting old when this happens. It will give me a chance to gallop over to Fullers and call in to see Clive about our little project - so that, together with all the museums, the park and so forth should make it an exhausting, but fun day. Mowed another chunk of lawn while Shadow enjoyed lazing in the sunshine (another thing he will be unable to do while those rotten dogs are so close) and did some more writing, drafting, browsing (in slow motion). Oh, and called in to see a couple of friends for chats and catchups since it is two weeks since I made it to quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment