Tuesday, September 3, 2013
The dog was feeling distinctly stressed by his new neighbours so today we went for another walk at the Lake. This time i took a camera with us.
As you can see it was one out of the box - sunshine, no wind, top of 18 and just glorious all round. Before we left I had done a load of washing which I hung out over the airer, but the shirts I put on coathangers and took out the old clothes rail that was superceded by the present, longer, sturdier one. So now the shirts smell of sunshine - bliss!! While we were in town the dog and I wandered down the high street and raided the hole in the wall before descending once more on the fruit shop - they are ordering in some fresh kaffir lime leaves for me to bung into the freezer and I picked up a stem of lemongrass while I was there (along with some camembert to make up the broccoli with (as a change from Blue cheese), and a pot of coconut cream for future curries (I used it all with the second last curry, so needed some more). So that was a good day's shopping.
Then home and I cleaned the bath (which, since it does not get used and is usually occupied by the airer was looking distinctly manky) and then ventured into the garden. The cabbage patch was looking distinctly tired and there was a very enthusiastic 'weed' which on closer inspection turned out to be re-growth on the stem of a cabbage I cut after the neighbour's sheep at it. Tonight's dinner is the hearts of the remaining three cabbages - which when all motheaten, tough, mouldy and other such leaves were removed, looked like this (the smallest one is the size of a cricket ball, for scale).
So the le creuset is coming up to the boil now, and once there I will turn it off and hope the stored heat will be sufficient unto the task (failing that i will give it another burl.
To top the day off and make it clear summer is on the way, we had a sea breeze!! Didn't get any of those last year - it was beautiful. And the neighbours' dogs seem to have settled down to a dull road and Shadow is less excited by their proximity now. He came out with me while I gardened and while he was not his usual sprawled state of relaxation, he was at least lying down facing them, rather than running along the fence trying to reach them (phew). A few more days and he will have worked out that they are off-limits and to be ignored. He's pretty good like that.
Here he is at the lake. Dogs are not permitted to go swimming (there are nesting birds there) so he doesn't...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment