Saturday, September 7, 2013

... and today was supposed to be sunny, which it was, as well as being sleety, windy and jolly chilly. The fire is therefore lit seriously (with intent) and there are two lamb shanks slowly braising in the oven along with some shallots, carrots, garlic, red wine, thyme - shall I go on? One of them will be served with colcannon for dinner tonight and the other reserved to feed myself tomorrow night. Standing on Oatlands High Street handing out how-to-votes for the Greens was an interesting experience, but the Labor supporter who was doing the same for them turned out to work for Derwent Valley Council so she now has my card and will be in touch about any work that comes along. The Liberal person was the farmer I visited yesterday. It was all very civilised. The Labor and Liberal candidates called in for a howdy doo de with their voters so I gave them each a flyer for Friday's meeting (with a big smile so they could not refuse, lol) and so it went. A lazy wind off the recently fallen snow made life difficult so we retired gracefully after two hours having handed out about 20 how-to-votes in that time. The farmer, by the way, confided he had had enough of a look at the information I directed him to online that he will not be letting the frackers on his farm - so a job well done there! I bought a really nice jumper at the Bargain Centre which is in my favourite colours (deep olive green ground with tan, rust and cream fair isle patterns) which will make a very nice 'good' winter jumper (my other two are rather shapeless and well-loved) so a bargain there. And lunch at the Companion Bakery was excellent. Now for a night of fine food and nervous watching to see how things turn out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment