Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Forgot to mention the dog and I did a spin across the lake again yesterday - it is a nice walk. Pity it started to rain before I got back to the car, but them's the breaks.

Today was another run to Hobart - this time to get cat food (the prescription diet is a pest at times like this) and I picked up a large bag of dog food as well. A kilo of diced shoulder of lamb (and it really is lamb, quite pale pink) and a pack of garbage bags and all is well. Told the vet about the bear-baiting issue with the prescription diet and hopefully they will look into it. Actually, they googled it while I was there ... no idea if they will act - it is a pity as Hills is almost as bad in terms of social conscience, despite giving shadow a nice sleepy blanky.

Home a bit after lunch and into a bit more backing and forthing over sign design. We want a sign about US, Lock the Gate wants to feature prominently on it, including their web address, not ours. Trouble is they can get them printed far more cheaply there than we can here (though we should probably shop around a bit more here before we go with their person). That only leaves us with the problem of where to find the $2000 required to pay for them...

Fine misty drizzle all day - vast improvement on the thunderstorms they are having up north. Gotta hope the gas fields in the Darling Downs and Northern Rivers have good bunds around their evaporation ponds ...

Not planning on spending much time on line tonight - I have a lamb curry to cook for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment