Friday, September 13, 2013
The pressure is on for tonight's meeting to be a success - we have ABC Country Hour doing a report, and also the 7:30 report doing a live cross over to the meeting - so it would be good if people come - we have a room that can be divided in two so it can look crowded even with a few people or can look packed with a lot, so we should be OK. I have at least four confirmed attendees and I suspect Brett has mobilised the farmers en masse - as well as articles in Tas Country, Weekly Times etc which may attract additional people. I ran over to Tin Pot Marsh Road to collect our sign this morning and it does need a few design tweaks before we do a print run, but is looking pretty good. And this afternoon I met with the speakers and we got down enough about their talks for the draft press release so now all I have to do (having put on a face and some reasonably smart 'country' clothes) is try to breathe deeply before heading back into town to help set things up and organise how we will collect money and sell signs (pre-selling like they do with fancy apartments in Double Bay). So, it should be a good night - fingers crossed. At least it will not be quite so cold as last night which reached down to minus 6! Tonight we are going for a rather milder minus 1. Will be chief photographer as well tonight so hopefully will have some action shots of the speakers... if the camera works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment