Sunday, September 1, 2013

I was planning to post some photos of the haul from the Market today but the signal is so slow that it is not possible to do so - strong winds, passing trains and a slow download speed are conspiring against me. Still, the first stop was at the new vege shop where I found an irresistable head of broccoli and another of cauliflower. The cauli, together with some sweet potato, peas and various curry ingredients is currently slowly simmering on the stove for dinner. At the market I added a couple of large heads of garlic a bag of shallots (all for two dollars!!) the lamp I found there last month (which I had completely forgotten about but the stall holder hadn't, and sat down with a slice of pork pie, a chunk of cheese and pickles and had my lunch while catching up on the local gossip, talking to people about our meeting and generally having a good time So good I did not leave until after noon which had not been planned. By then the wind had picked up and become quite intolerable so I gave up on the next slice of lawn and stayed indoors. Here I have kept myself busy tracking down a former forum member so I could tell him about the box of fly-tying stuff I found which I think he will be interested in, and updating my Facebook page with the promised (but not delivered) pix you are missing out on. Sorry ...

No comments:

Post a Comment