Thursday, September 19, 2013

Another day of rainy and drizzle though remarkably warm - it goes down to 4 tonight so I plan to have the fire lit soon. A large lump of corned beef on the stove at present - hot with mash and parsley sauce (possibly minus the parsley as it failed to survive the winter, but I suspect I may have some in the freezer ...).
The day was a quiet one as I avoided going into town and have settled for accepting quotes for signs, getting artwork done up and having a little argy bargy with our mainland 'helpers' who are trying to train us up in the way we should grow (i.e dictating sign content but not offering to pay for it). Last night's curry was superb - so if you happen to own Madhur Jaffrey's book on Indian curries - it is the Country Chicken Curry on page 24 (if you do own the book can you please scan page 25 as I seem to have missed the last part of the instructions ...). A really tasty and hearty meal with a pile of rice on the side. The rest of this and the lamb curry are portioned off into the freezer for those days when cooking is too much to bear.

Only 7 mm last night which was surprising but a couple of heavy showers today (have yet to check the gauge), so the tank should be full despite all the washing I have been doing And the warmer weather means most of it is dry now, or will be by bedtime.

Tomorrow we have a film afternoon - Mary Meets Mohammed - a film about a regular rough Tasmanian woman who volunteered at the Detention Centre and changed her outlook. Mary will be present also, so it will be a good opportunity for Q&A from those who choose to demonise our refugees.

Will be nice to lie in bed tonight listening to the rain (did you notice I have got my paragraphs back!! Well done Blogspot!) which is marginally heavier than last night's with did not sound at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment