Friday, September 6, 2013

today was supposed to be rainy but not so far. A bit of wind, but other than that is has been quite pleasant. Had to pop into town this morning so we could workshop a 'statement of purpose' for the group - fortunately only three of us there, so it was fairly straight-forward. The wording has now been circulated to others for their feedback by dinner time on Sunday (since I will be out most of Sunday it seemed unreasonable to apply pressure to them). I am also working out my route on Sunday - call into Angie's, drop off flyers in another location, then work my back via Levendale for a change of scenery... A scenic drive - might take the dog. Tomorrow will be electioneering but it will start pleasantly with lunch with Eleanor and Barry from 11:15am, then to the polling booths to hand out literature and get abused for the afternoon. Called in to one of the local farmers this afternoon and dropped off a flyer and had a chat. He started out a bit defensive, but once I assured him I had felt the same way at the outset and done my own research before forming a view he came around (he knows me so hopefully will appreciate that I am not rampantly deep green. As a result of our chat he will be at the meeting and will encourage others to attend, so that's all good. Home again and I have popped Smidgen into the ceiling to deal with the nesting starlings. Last time i did this it was deeply traumatic for all concerned as the babies had fledged. This time they are still eggs, so it is mum and dad being deterred rather than the Fathers Day Massacre. Hopefully the eggs will be far enough along that they parents decide not to breed again this season. Failed to cook my lambshanks, but will pop them on for eating tomorrow and serve some broccoli and blue cheese quiche for dinner instead. The fire was lit earlier, but now it seems to be warming up a bit so I will let it go out without further fuel - I will save that for next week when it snows.

No comments:

Post a Comment