Friday, September 20, 2013

Today was pretty busy - we had the showing of Mary Meets Mohammed - must-see viewing whatever your views on refugees might be - and afternoon tea and lots of hobnobbing around the town to do as well. So not much got done at home and my dinner tonight will be left-over cupcakes and savoury biscuits with cheese (I forewent the fruit cheese, but the chive-flavoured one will possibly be edible). The leftover savouries (vast quantities of pastry with dribbles of pizza or quiche filling) were delivered to a friend's place for their chooks.
Speaking of chooks I have a glut of eggs at present despite being chook-free still. Jean dropped off a dozen for me this morning, then Eleanor's cousin had half a dozen she could not give away so they came home with me too - looks like there may be quite a few omelettes for lunch in my immediate future.
We had a call from the Minister's office today so now they are coming up to visit us (we pointed out we had local commitments so could not go to their office) and so they will be doing just that, lol. We obviously have them concerned, and so they should be. Pity they are not concerned for the right reasons.
Eleanor had a great idea which she will be pressing with the local headmaster - they take me on as a Teacher Aide in charge of the school garden. How's that for the perfect job? Not terribly good pay but I could basically run their garden for them and coordinate linkages with the community and so forth. I might even be able to take Shadow to work with me - great idea I say. I will leave it in her capable hands - she seems to have a knack for getting things done in the community having been here so much longer than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment