Wednesday, September 11, 2013
More knitting done and a meeting at the school to organise the setup of the hall for our Meeting on Friday. And a catch up with Monika about a chance to talk to the speakers so I can get the press release as advanced as possible before the night. And signs to organise and tables to set up for taking money off people on the night (if they want to order a sign - we are not getting any printed as we have no money, so need to pre-sell them on the night and then place the order). Also for membership signups as well. Oxtail stew slowly seething in the oven and snow underfoot (not much, and most of it fell while I was in town so was a nice surprise when I got home, but probably more tonight if we are lucky). Most of the snow fell in Hobart and on the Southern Outlet so driving home will be tricky for many commuters (they always seem to forget to drive to conditions on that road). The phone rang in the middle of sorting out lunch and it was the nice man from the gas company wanting to chat. I suggested he call back at a previously organised time so I could talk to him without having to bend over to catch a signal. Drove into town and parked up to take the call and had just started chatting when the police arrived - apparently we have a no-standing zone in Oatlands and I was on it... who knew?!). So the phone call restarted again and we chatted for half an hour but got nowhere. Not my idea of mediation processes but he said that MRT will step in if they feel it is appropriate (still not my idea of mediation as the staff there have already made up their minds that anyone opposed is by definition a deep-green greenie incapable of rational thought). So now to wait for the oxtail to fall off the bone and be ready to eat with the boiled potato I have just started cooking, and hopefully an early night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment