Today was our inaugural Spring Garden Tour, taking a group of people around four different vegetable gardens in the district - from the traditional bare earth approach, to raised beds surrounded by drystone walls and built up with composted horse poo, to a black-plastic coated beds of strawberries and on to a final garden which has not been planted this year due to the house being on the market. I will try to load some pics but the signal is a bit wonky tonight as we have a cold front coming up from down south (apparently).
Lunch was the last of these which has about four acres terraced with drystone walls and garden beds with central raised sections to capture water and release it into the planted areas and ... I am suffering from serious garden envy (if I was the jealous type I would be inclined to elevate the envy to jealousy).
If any of you are thinking of moving to tassie - this is a house to die for (with a price commensurate with that), but the views from the vege patch are just stunning.
Got home with a punnet of lettuce seedlings and a bag of compost (made locally) and all girded up to do some work tomorrow - weeding some of the hedgerow seems like a good place to start, and turning over the second rectangular bed will be equally productive, now that my muscles have stopped seizing up from digging the hole for the clothesline. If it is nice, I may even have another go at that as well. Or maybe not (now that I have checked the forecast ... 11 degrees and storms).
No comments:
Post a Comment