Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The day started with a bit of unexpected exercise for Shadow since he ran into one of the neighbour's dogs loitering at the back door when I opened it for his morning run. In this instance the 'run' was rather speedier than is his wont, but fortunately the other dog fled (being well accustomed to being run off other people's properties and threatened with guns). Shadow gave up after about 20 metres and went about his accustomed business without further fuss. It did take a little persuasion to get the cats out the door, but they went eventually and were also very timely in returning.

Today was a day of meetings - we had our presentation to Council (which was apparently in closed session so we were unable to witness it, but apparently it went down with good effect), and then I had to see Workskills, who seem fairly sanguine about my volunteering activities -they have even offered to do a work place assessment on the Garden to see if I need special equipment - might see if I can get a cloth sunhat out of them as my straw one tends to blow off in a strong breeze. Apparently they have not yet had any changes to their instructions (I asked - why not?) as yet.

Then onto a meeting of Our Tasmania to discuss strategies, budgets and other such mundane matters - all good and they like the sign design with only a minor tweak. So that's good.

The 12 degrees morphed into 14 degrees which is even better and the garden has shown its first signs of seedlings emerging - yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment