Thursday, September 5, 2013
Today was the seniors day out - a trip to Launceston which was fun as I have not been there for ages. First stop was the Queen Vic to see some images of the Tasmanian wilderness (dombrovskis, beattie, king, that sort of thing)- some gorgeous images and some historical images of mining on the west coast (now OHS then by the looks of things).
As you see, the queen vic is wrapped up for winter in her granny rugs - very colourful!!
After this I peeled off to walk through the town centre so I could call into Fullers and see Clive, stopping at a shop where i bought a baby rattle for the tenants - it is the shape of a rattle but is made of fine terry towelling (like those little gro-suits) and is softly stuffed with a bell buried in the stuffing at the top - so hopefully safe, and chewable as well. It would be a fairly lucrative small business once you got the hang of sewing that type of fabric.
On to the Inveresk Rail Yards to meet the others. I have never fully explored them before and I suspect I missed quite a few bits, but we had fun playing with the interactive displays and the blacksmith's shop is a marvel - I hope they don't clean it up too much as the grunge is part of the character of the place.
And so to lunch at Blue. Well all had the same as it looked so scrummy, so a crispy duck salad it was. I'd show you a picture, but it is a long time before it would upload and I am knackered - these country women are exhausting when they go out in a pack!!
On the way back we called into the Campbell Town Butcher and i collected four lamb shanks and, since he was about to throw it in the bin, scored a lamb flap (for the dog, ostensibly) for free, which is now in the freezer. The dog go the second one he threw in when he found out how big the dog is ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment