Well I must have been tired (or the cooler weather has made it easier to sleep) as it was 7:45 when I opened my eyes this morning. I have found a recipe for a potato and kale soup which will help me dispatch some of the leftovers - it has a couple of eggs poached in it which adds even more nutrition! Parmesan and olive oil on top - sounds good. Hope it tastes good.
I was, of necessity, a little late arriving at sewing and had not even got in the door when I was waylaid to go to the local medical centre to push wheelchairs up to the memorial service. I ended up with Vera who used to live up the road and make my life hell when she was the Secretary of the hall committee. Clearly living in the aged care facility has softened her edges as we had a nice chat on the way over and back. All the carers parked their patients and went to sit elsewhere, but I was a bit nervous about how effective the brakes might be and stayed with them. I am glad I did as many of the carers took the time to mix and mingle socially after the service, leaving their poor patients like stranded fish waiting to be taken home for lunch. Easy to fall into the assumption they are just a wheelchair, but they are humans too! It was a nice service, if a little overcrowded with Liberal politicians - I had a quiet chuckle to myself when I noticed Will Hodgeman in a red tie (to coordinate with his poppy). He must have borrowed it from one of the Labor pollies.
Had chats with various local Councillors and such like, then back to sewing where I did nothing but chat all afternoon. Then an early departure and back to walk the dogs, read my book and gird up my loins to go clean the bank.
No comments:
Post a Comment