The twenty five degrees was somewhat ameliorated by the wind that seems to be from somewhere relatively cool - good thing too as I hate being hot, and hot and windy is too horrible to bear. As it was it was tolerable apart from a short period around lunchtime when the thought of a fan crossed my mind, but was not acted upon as by the time I got up next it was no longer necessary.
I popped into the Market this morning and picked up a jar of raspberry jam which will be nice on toast, and that was the sum total of my purchases due to lack of temptation.
Home once more I transfered my activities to the laundry, once again going through cluttered cupboards, removing clutter from benchtops and shelves and floor, and generally finding my way back to the back door. Once it has a new handle it will now be possible to use it for its intended purpose.
I did not bother cutting any more firewood as there seems to be sufficient for my needs indoors already, though I collected some bark from the oval so I have some kindling - I used the last of my supplies last time I lit the fire. I suppose I could have cut some lighter wood, but frankly, there is not enough incentive to do so.
The little rain we enjoyed overnight is long since gone, thanks to the wind, but I expect the plants were grateful for what they received.
I have just finished PD James 'The Children of Men' which, unlike her usual stuff is an interesting fiction about a world in which all childbirth ceased in the 1990s and the population is simply aging without replenishment. A very interesting exploration, but the ending is a bit of a disappointment for all that.
No comments:
Post a Comment