Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Lots of howling gales today but not much in the way of rain, sadly. The neighbour's paddock seems to be migrating to Orford at present with lots of dust in the air. With ten degrees forecast for tomorrow I have to assume this wind will be bringing up said weather as it is quite warm outside at present.

I had only one cottage to deal with today, and that unexpected, so went into sewing and dissected the sleeve seams of a new nightgown to make it a little more comfy. It had a bound edge which was quite tight - so much so that pulling my hand out resulted in the sleeve turning inside out. It now has a placket on each seam so should be more comfy.

Cut some firewood in anticipation of tomorrow, though since i will be cleaning two more cottages and also taking a run to Hobart to get some dog food (the locally available stuff does not seem to agree with their digestive systems), I will not be needing the fire much before late afternoon anyway.

A bank to clean tonight then home to bake one of those yummy pork chops for dinner - the lamb chops are wonderfully tender and I had two of them with mash and peas for dinner last night which was very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment