So the grand total was 9.5mm which laid the dust but did little more. One can but hope we get some more - a nice follow-up rain within the week would be good, especially if we can manage to avoid the dry hot winds that usually follow rain at this time of year.
It was supposed to be 17 today but it was a lot chillier than that for most of the day - as a consequence I finally cracked and lit the fire this afternoon with predictable results. It is now rather cosy indoors....
A large owl was being mobbed by ravens in the tree next door this morning - it kept me occupied for some time, but I finally managed to drive off the ravens - the owl was as big as they were, but two against one (and ravens are firm believers in team work) was just not fair - I presume the owl was out and about in daylight and that bothered the ravens.
A few items acquired at the Bargain Centre (for a total outlay of $1.50) means I now have two new blouses and a cotton knitted jumper in a lovely deep gold colour (the jumper, not the blouses - they were black and grey/gold and blue-and-white-striped).
No comments:
Post a Comment